Thursday, April 17, 2014

Flowers in Vintage Bottles

Did you know that Heather and I started a new swap on Instagram?  It's called I Yarn, U Stitch, swap.   Half of the swappers are quilters, and the other half are knitters/crocheters.  We matched everyone up so quilters would receive a knitted/crochet item and the knitters/crocheters would receive something quilted.    Doesn't that sound like fun!!

This week was the deadline and I was working like mad to get my item all finished up.  I paper pieced some flowers in vintage bottles and then added a sweet pinwheel border.

I decided to make it into a pillow so my partner could either use it as a wall hanging or a pillow.

 A bit of a close up of the quilting.

These pinwheels are made the same way I showed in my easy peasy pinwheel tutorial.  They are 2 1/2 inches unfinished.  I love these cute little things!!

With having 28 to make for the border I made 6-8 at a time to help it go a bit faster.

The pattern "Flowers in Vintage  Bottles" is from my sweet and talented friend, Charise.   I adore all her patterns.  I have several others that I've purchased and am hoping to work on them soon.

A simple and quick envelope backing that is durable when you have little ones. 

After I finished the pillow I went to a couple antique shops and found a vintage bottle and a pretty crochet floral doily.     Then I stopped at Joanns to get some pretty silk flowers for the vintage bottle.  Now my swap package was complete.  :)  The crochet doily came in a set of 3 so I was even able to keep a couple for myself.  Yay!!  Win, win!!

I hope everyone has a fabulous day!!



  1. Beautiful pillow!
    I adore your little pinwheels and need to make darn cute...thanks for sharing your tutorial!

  2. Oh, your partner is going to love it!

  3. Your pillow is just precious! I have loved watching it come together on ig. :o) Have a super day! Trish xo

  4. Oh how delightful! Your swap partner is lucky!

  5. Your package is so sweet, your partner will be very happy!

  6. I've been exploring for a little for any high quality
    articles or weblog posts on this kind of space . Exploring in Yahoo
    I at last stumbled upon this site. Reading this info
    So i'm happy to express that I have a very excellent uncanny feeling I came upon just what I needed.
    I such a lot for sure will make sure to do not put out of
    your mind this website and give it a look on a constant basis.

    Feel free to surf to my web page :: How to bypass a survey

  7. Love your pillow! Lucky swap recipient /)

  8. This swap is a wonderful idea. Your cushion is just lovely. xx

  9. How did I miss this swap?! What a great idea! Your swap item is beautiful.

  10. Kerri - it is so beautiful! Love the border!
    : )

  11. So wonderfully cute, you do such cute the doily too..aren't antique stores fun?

  12. Lovely! And the swap is such a good one - matching quilters with knitters!

  13. I really love this sweet pillow!! I might have to get the pattern and make one! ;) xo Heather

  14. Lovely quilt and pillow! Great work! I am in love with your blog. A lot of kisses from barcelona! Montse

  15. that is the cutest pillow ever! You're so talented!

  16. That is beautiful! What a wonderful swap. I'm so sorry I missed it!

  17. Thank you for sharing in this article
    I can learn a lot and could also be a reference
    I hope to read the next your article updates
    Obat Aborsi Penggugur Kandungan

  18. Such a sweet pillow! I love the design and your fabric choices are gorgeous!
    Helen xox

  19. Oh, I love this pillow! I'm going to have to buy the paper pieced vintage bottle pattern. Do you have directions to make the the pinwheels or maybe how many I would need to finish? I LOVE your pillow, the colors are sooooo sweet!!!


Thanks so much for stopping by and visiting my blog!! Your sweet comments are always cherished, and truly make my days brighter! I ♥ reading each and every one!! Hugs!